Dear friend and visitor, 各位朋友,
Welcome to my site. The galleries on display here belong in the majority to the categories of
1. Urbanization and architecture in China (both historical and modern);
2. Sacred sites, sacred mountains, and contemporary religious "theme parks";
3. Historical photographs of China (from the 1860s up to the 1960s).
4. Images and impressions from the Cultural Revolution, 1966-1976.
5. Visual excursions into the Fingerlakes Region and upstate New York in general (a serious research interest of mine is the state's former, very extensive canal system).
Taken together, these galleries constitute a visual archive that for the most part is meant to capture and to preserve information (or "evidence of certain developments" perhaps) of times past and present. Not much here is of a personal nature, so do not look for anything related to the author. Note that I do claim a certain amount of authority over and understanding of the subjects treated in this visual fashion.
Note that I maintain an extensive archive of images (both contemporary and historical, digital and print); the on-line galleries presented here constitute only a fraction of my holdings; if you don't see anything you may find useful send me an e-mail, I may have what you are looking for.
Thank you for the interest.
Thomas H. Hahn, Ph.D.