Snapshots of the old - well - newly constructed old center of the Chinese town of Tianjin (versus the former concessions areas). Not really random snapshots actually...
- There is the Small Culture City 文化小城, with five courtyards representing the traditional Five Elements Theory (Earth = the Pottery Columns, Fire = the Red Ball, Metal = the Bronze Cube, Water and Wood);
- The old Temple of the Empress of Heaven 天后宫 with the steles and stone carvings;
- The bronze statue of Yan Fu 严复;
- The new Cultural Palace 民俗文化宫;
- A couple of details of the alleys, the merchandise, and people.
It was kind of a grayish day when I took these pictures. No PP whatsoever, just resized.
Thomas H. Hahn, July 27, 2006
© Thomas H. Hahn Docu-Images